Special offer 14th Feb.
A 4 course valentine candlelit supper for two, with arrival drink, bed and full English breakfast £180
Privately owned by Michael & Pamela the Old Rectory is a quintessentially English Country House. Tucked away in the Heart of England the Old Rectory offers a relaxing & comfortable venue for work & play.
Set in three acres of wooded gardens this romantic Elizabethan & Georgian House radiates charm & peace, providing the perfect setting for conferences, business meetings, seminars , training sessions and all family occasions including weddings, christenings, parties and funeral receptions.
The Old Rectory is situated within a short drive of all the top English tourist attractions including Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick Castle, The Cotswolds and Birmingham Bull Ring shopping Centre. It is also a short walk from the Arrow Valley, a beautiful country park where you can take an easy stroll, have a serious jog around the lake or arrange to go fishing and sailing.
Birmingham International Airport can be accessed by car within 25 minutes using the M42 motorway network which is ten minutes drive from the hotel.
History of The Old Rectory
The Old Rectory is probably the best kept secret in the country, it has stood on this site for hundreds of years and has a wealth of historical connections. The house lies between the original Roman built Icknield Street, which runs along the far boundary, and the monastic carp lakes at the rear of the property.
The Doomsday Book lists a building on this site in 1085, during which time Lady Godiva's son was Lord of the Manor.
The Great Grandson of Sir Christopher Wren lived in the house for over forty years and made a number of alterations in that time. He completely modernised the original Elizabethan house in 1812 by adding a Georgian facade to the front elevation of the building. Many of the larger trees including the beautiful English Oaks, the Portuguese Laurels and the Weeping Ash were also planted during this period.